Membership of the Trust is totally free and liability is limited to £1 should the Trust be forced to fold.
As the constitution currently stands, we have 2 types of membership available. Membership types are subject to change but any constitutional changes must take place at a General Meeting and must be approved by you – our members.
- Full Membership – open to anyone resident within the community (as defined by the map below) over the age of 16. 1 vote per member.
- Associate Membership – open to local organisations or other people who do not meet the above criteria. No voting rights for associate members.
If you wish to join, please complete our on-line registration form. Membership is reviewed at each meeting of the board of trustees of LCDT. You will automatically be added to our mailing list once approved. If you don’t have email, we will deliver membership news to you, but we would like to minimise this for administrative, economic and environmental reasons.
Why Linlithgow Community Development Trust needs you!
There are numerous reasons for becoming a member of the LCDT:
- If you join the Trust, you are directly influencing our ability to make funding applications to organisations such as Sport Scotland and the Lottery. The more members we have, the better we are seen to represent our community and the easier it is to make strong business cases backed up by your signature.
- You are entitled to influence the direction our Trust takes at our Annual General Meeting by placing your vote on issues that matter to you(Full Members only).
- You have the right to stand to become one of our Member Directors. If this is something you are interested in, please let us know.
- You will receive our quarterly newsletter keeping you up to date on the Trust’s activities by email (if specified on your application form) or post.
Community Trusts such as ours need to have defined boundaries within which the trust can act. The Trust’s current operational boundary is represented by the area enclosed by the red line on the map below. Full Members must live within this area. If you live outwith this area, you can still apply to be an Associate Member however.