The hub is part collaboration network and part physical space. It is for local businesses, community groups, social enterprises, volunteers and workers. At present the project includes;
- Community group network – comprising an online collaboration/knowledge sharing group and bi-monthly Community Cake meetings.
- Business network – comprising an online collaboration/knowledge sharing group and monthly pop-up co-working days.
- Volunteering support – currently working to increase opportunities for young volunteers, starting with our event The How and Why of Youth Volunteering
- Physical ‘hub’ in the centre of Linlithgow – a space which will include co-working, meeting rooms, printing facilities, mentoring opportunities and much more – all managed by central ‘hosts’
- Learning events – events to help both businesses and community groups thrive, the first of these is Demystifying Finance for Small Businesses coming up in January 2018
- Linlithgow Community Exchange – plan are underway for a local website which will include local events, community group database, skills and opportunities database and much more.
It’s a big project and there’s a lot to do. We have a very active Working Group shaping the project and we’re always looking for others to get involved. If you’re interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.