We’re very pleased to announce the creation of MyLinlithgow.com!
LCDT are currently working on the development of a new community website, mylinlithgow.com.
The purpose of the site is to;
- Promote community groups (and businesses) and their activities and events to local residents (and wider)
- Promote Linlithgow volunteering opportunities and increase the volume of local volunteers (of all ages)
- Develop connections between local people, groups and increase sharing of learning, resources and knowledge
The project is currently being funded with help from Tesco Bags of Help.
At present we are focusing on the first phase of the project which will deliver;
- The site structure – fully scalable for future phases
- A live list of events in the town
- An interactive database of community groups with a page for each group to populate with their aims, opportunities and activities
- A list of volunteering opportunities currently available in Linlithgow
- A database of venues for hire
- Branding and marketing for the site, including ensuring the page sits at the top of Google search results
- A website administrator function to ensure the site is kept up to date at all times
A good example of what we’re aiming for can be found on the Five Sisters Communities Hub site www.westcalder.org.
We will be holding a community consultation drop-in on Monday 19th November from 4.30-6.30pm at the Low Port Centre. The Linlithgow community are invited to drop in at any point, hear more about the project, and have their say about what they’d like to see on the site.
We look forward to welcoming you on the 19th!