This is a great opportunity for a new Treasurer to join a capable, vibrant, fun but stable board with ambitious plans to grow as a Development Trust and to be part of a satisfying community project.
As well as attending and contributing to board meetings, the main Treasurer responsibility is to liaise with the accountants to ensure the annual accounts are completed correctly and in a timely fashion (work starts around July each year, to be submitted by December)
Other duties include:
· Ensuring proper accounts are kept
· Ensuring effective financial controls and policies are in place
· Keeping the Board informed of its financial duties and responsibilities
· Liaising with our external auditor in creation of the annual accounts
· Ensuring statutory returns are made to OSCR
Board meetings are held every 6 weeks for around 2 hours either online or in-person when possible. There may be one or two other evening meetings as required some months, which can be online, for the candidate to get up to speed with the project and secure the information required to complete the annual accounts.
We are always on the lookout for volunteers to get involved with the Trusts exciting projects. You don’t need any specific experience and all volunteer roles are well supported by friendly staff. If you would like to talk through how you might be able to help please contact us.
As well as general volunteers, we are are often on the lookout for specific skills to help us with a particular task or project. At present we are on the lookout for the following;
- Someone sociable who wants to help with reception duties or administration at the EH49 Hub
- Anyone with fundraising experience
- Volunteers who are keen to get involved with supporting website development
- Anyone who is interested in income generation or with business know how
- People with finance experience to bolster our team
- Anyone with an interest in community energy schemes
If you think you might fit into one of the above categories, please don’t hesitate to
contact us to talk through what we’re needing help with. if you are looking for other local current volunteering opportunities take a look at the MyLinlithgow Volunteering page