We are very pleased to announce the launch of the Linlith-go-solar community bond scheme, in partnership with Linlithgow Rugby Club and Scottish Communities Finance Ltd.
This is an exciting opportunity for lots of local folk to invest in building a sustainable future for our town.
So how does it work?
- In order to build this phase of the project, the pilot phase, LCDT needs £17,700.
- We’re raising this money through community investment. Local people investing their money to make the project happen.
- Bonds are just £50 and you can purchase one, or many.
- You receive interest on these bonds, and they’re repaid back to you in 5, 8 or 11 years – you choose the length of investment.
- The bond offer is administered by Scottish Communities Finance. Their purpose is to; “assist communities to raise capital from within their community and create funds that can be used to address the needs of communities, thus making them more vibrant and resilient”
What are the key benefits?
- Reduced energy costs for those being supplied by the energy generated. In this initial pilot phase, this will be the Rugby Club, in future phases, this could be any number of individuals or organisations.
- Income generated for the local community. Once the enterprise starts making a profit this profit will be reinvested back into community initiatives. For this pilot phase this amount will be small, but as we scale up in future phases this could be a considerable sum. This money will reduce Linlithgow’s reliance on external funding for local initiatives.
- Linlithgow would own a community energy project committed to making Linlithgow climate friendly.
- Linlithgow’s youth can be involved in the project gaining valuable experience.
- Those without the ability to buy solar panels can still invest in renewable energy.
Im in! Where do I start?
Click here to be redirected to Scottish Communities Finance for more information, and to complete an application form. The application process is easy and you can pay via BACS, cheque or Paypal.